Michelle Reynolds is a well credentialed Chief Executive Officer with extensive experience in government administration.
Her career spans more than 30 years over which she has worked in numerous Western Australian government agencies, departments and committees.
Ms Reynolds commenced as the Chief Executive Officer of the City of Perth in August 2020. Prior to this she held Chief Executive Officer positions at Rottnest Island Authority and WorkCover WA.
Her experience extends to public administration and governance; State emergency management; environmental land management; cultural heritage; infrastructure and land development; tourism and commercial partnerships. This experience and knowledge has provided her with a sound basis to manage Western Australia’s capital city local government authority.
Recent roles include:
- City of Perth – Chief Executive Officer (August 2020 – present)
- Rottnest Island Authority – Executive Director (January 2017 – July 2020)
- WorkCover WA – Chief Executive Officer (December 2008 – 2017)
- Department of Premier and Cabinet – Office of Science (May 2013 – September 2014)
- State Emergency Management Committee (Secondment July 2012 – December 2012)
- Department to Premier and Cabinet – Assistant Director General Public Sector Management Division (1994 – 2008)
She has also been a Chair or member of numerous committees including the Audit and Risk Committee – Department of Planning, Lands and Heritage, Chief Executive Women, Board member of WorkCover WA, Heads of Workers Compensation (national body) and member of the Premier and Cabinet Audit Committee (independent member).
Ms Reynolds has sound strategic planning and financial management skills, having operated in a commercial environment for 10 years.
She has a Bachelor of Arts (ECU) and a Master of Business Administration (UWA).